While a pet may be a beloved member of your family, it is easy to forget about them when it comes time to planning for the future. Many people create wills outlining exactly what is to be done with their minor children, their property, and all their possessions. However, it often happens that pets get left off the list.
The main reason for this oversight is that pets don’t tend to live as long as their human owners, and it may seem unnecessary to you as a pet owner to provide for that future. Yet, there are no guarantees of a long life, and pet owners could be involved in an accident or become debilitated while their pet is still living.
Research shows the majority of pet owners think a friend or family member would automatically step in and take their pets home if something should happen and they were no longer able to care for them. The sad truth is, they may just take the pet to a shelter – or sell it. There are a number of reasons why others may not be able to – or want to – give your pet a home. According to statistics, between 300,000 and 500,000 pets are euthanized each year because of the death or disability of the owners – where no provisions for the pets had been made.
Our goal for creating the Let Family Know® PET SET is to help you make sure that the feathered, finned, furry, hooved, tusked or scaly pet you LOVE, is properly taken care of for the rest of its life!
The PET SET includes a 21- page ebook that covers a variety of topics like
- The average lifespan of domestic animals (from dogs to snakes and everything in between)
- Things to consider when choosing a caregiver
- Putting it in writing and setting aside money for your pet’s care
- Preparing for emergencies
You also get
- Pet care planning sheets where you can provide information that anyone would need to know to give your pet the best care
- Emergency PET ALERT wallet cards you can keep in your wallet or car to help make sure a person you trust is contacted in an emergency, and will care for your pet when you can’t
If you have a pet, you want the best for it. Which is why it is important to consider their future. You never know what life may bring, and it’s impossible to prepare for every set of circumstances. However, with a little bit of consideration, you can ensure that your pet is well cared for even if something were to happen to you.
>>> Learn More Here INFORMATION