Like you, we want to know how our personal information is being used online. With privacy disclosures varying from website to website – and from country to country – it’s important for you to read our entire policy so you understand how Let Family Know handles privacy issues. As necessary as policies are, they’re often a real snooze to read, so we’ve tried to keep it simple and easy to understand as possible.
First, know that we operate under the Golden Rule. We are like you in that we personally don’t like to have our information shared, so we do not, and will not without consent, sell, lease, or rent your information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
What personal data do we collect from you?
Personal data is defined as information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. Here are the most common ways we collect your personal data:
(1) Opt-In to email list: We collect your name and email address. We need this in order to send you interesting information, product updates, quiz results, reminders of special offers you may be interested in, and to send free downloadable resources from time to time.
(2) Waiting List: We collect your name and email address, so that we can let you know when products you have expressed interest in, can be pre-ordered, or become available.
(3) Transactions: We collect your name, email address, billing information and payment source.
(4) Submitting Questions or Feedback: Your name, email address, and question.
(5) Participating in Marketing Quizzes or Surveys: We collect your name and email address , along with your answers.
What is our purpose for collecting your information?
(1) Opt-in to email list: To send you interesting information and special announcements.
(2) Sign up for online workshops or webinars: To provide you with information on a workshop and general information related to the workshop topic.
(3) Waiting list: To keep you informed about when a product, workshop, webinar, or service is available.
(4) Transactions: To process a purchase you make from Let Family Know.
(5) Submitting Questions or Feedback: To answer questions you might have submitted to us. To understand your preferences and perspective so we can better serve you.
(6) Participating in Marketing Quizzes, Contests or Surveys: To gain insight – and provide you with insight – on your level understanding on topics that are important to you.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your information is as follows:
(1) Opt-in to emails: We will ask for your consent first. You can withdraw consent by opting out using the “unsubscribe” link found on email messages.
(2) Waiting List: You will give your consent first as part of you requesting to be placed on a waiting list.
(3) Transactions: The information we will collect is part of a legal contractual transaction.
(4) Submitting Questions and Feedback: We have an “allowed legitimate interest” in providing a response to your questions and feedback, and we must use your data to be able to. We will not use the data for other purposes.
(5) Marketing Quizzes, Contests or Surveys: Participating is voluntary, and we collect your information in order to be able to share results with you.
Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access the data we collect from you. If we ever use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data, they would fall into the following categories:
A signed contract with us prohibits them from using, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than what we assign.
Computer Cookies also called Internet Cookies or Browser Cookies
Different types of cookies keep track of different activities. Session cookies are used only when a person is actively navigating a website; once you leave the site, the session cookie disappears. Tracking cookies may be used to create long-term records of multiple visits to the same site. Authentication cookies track whether a user is logged in, and if so, under what name.
Are Internet cookies safe?
Since the data in a cookie doesn’t change when it travels back and forth, it cannot affect how your computer runs. So, under normal circumstances, a cookie cannot transfer viruses or malware to your computer.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
That depends on the reason your data was gathered. Different data is kept for different periods of time, for example opt-ins to waiting lists vs. opt-ins to a workshop. We will keep your personal data on our systems as long as necessary to provide you with our services, or for as long as we have another legitimate business purpose to do so, but not longer than permitted or required by law. If we no longer have a legitimate business reason to keep your personal data, it will either be securely disposed of (re-identified so it is no longer identifiable as your personal data.
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
You have specific rights to control your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us with your request via email at help@LetFamilyKnow.com.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available on a Service may change or no longer be available to you where the processing of certain data is essential to the use of the Service or feature.
Do We Transfer Your Data To Third Countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints.
You can contact us at help@LetFamilyKnow.com with your request or questions about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Representative: Ila Scott-Ford
12324 E 86th St N #163
Owasso, OK 74055
You can also send correspondence by traditional mail to Let Family Know LLC, 12324 E 86th St N #163, Owasso, OK 74055
For Visitors Located in California
For Visitors and Valued customers Regardless of Location
Legal Disclosures of Personal Information
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under required and urgent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
If You Make A Public Comments
You may leave comments on forum posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
If You Link to Third Party Websites From Our Website
We link to other sites for various reasons to provide you with helpful information, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
Email us at: help@LetFamilyKnow.com
The Let Family Know® Keeper, guidebooks and other products are not a substitute for a will and should not be considered legal advice. This is intended for planning purposes and making wishes known. For a legally binding will, consult with an estate attorney or wills lawyer.