Tidbits about us and the problems we are trying to help solve
Year Let Family Know® LLC was founded in Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Launched website and product line in May 2021
- Received Registered Trademark status in 2020
68% of Americans don’t have estate planning documents
… despite the fact there was a 35% increase in people’s desire to get a will because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- In 2021, 18-34 year-olds are, for the first time, more likely to have a will than 35 – 54 year-olds.
- The number of young adults with a will increased by 63% since 2020.
1.3 million animals enter shelters every year due to the owner’s death
… out of those, about 650,000 are euthanized.
- Only 12% to 27% of pet owners include pets in their wills.
- Approximately 6.5 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year.
- Animal activists want to make the U.S. a no-kill zone by 2025
44% of estate disputes involve siblings
… and 30 percent claimed members of the family stopped talking to each other as a result of the dispute, and were “still very much divided.”
- Land and property disputes made up 51 percent of the cases.
- Disputes revolved around money in 32 percent of the cases.
- Jewelry and personal possessions caused 21 percent of the disputes. More often it’s not greed, but grief and emotional attachment that cause family rifts.
Family stress escalates when someone dies with nothing written down
We provide stories to help our readers
If you’ve inherited silverware, here’s an idea for transforming pieces into a unique family heirloom
I had a phone conversation with a guy known as The Spoon Jeweler. He said people ask him to transform silverware into what he calls “jewelry with meaning.”
This collection of 80 eye-opening inheritance stories may be quick to read, but the lessons learned will stay with you for a lifetime. Where There’s An …
(click and ‘save as’ to download the images)
Ebook with tips to help people create information that will matter to their family. Most come with planning sheets or workbooks
Can we help you with something?
- Need a different image or an image in a different size or format? Just let us know.
- Looking for a story with a particular angle that falls into our area? Perhaps I can help.
In either case, please contact me at ila@LetFamilyKnow.com and for faster response, remember to put “media request” in the subject line.
The founder of Let Family Know® LLC, Ila Scott-Ford, is a writer and idea person whose passion is finding new or better ways of solving problems. Since ila considers herself an “average Jane,” she wasn’t surprised to discover a majority of people have the same struggles she did when it comes to organizing personal information. She put her skills to work and created a “better mousetrap.” The Let Family Know® Keeper set makes it simple for a person to organize information that will matter to family when that person is no longer around.
If you want to talk with ila, send an email to ila@LetFamilyKnow.com